Re: Opteron vs. Xeon "benchmark"

От mark@mark.mielke.cc
Тема Re: Opteron vs. Xeon "benchmark"
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 11:50:47PM +0200, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
> If you're an AMD-fan, by all means, buy their products, those processors
> are indeed fast and you can build decent servers with them. But don't
> rule out Intel, just because with previous processors they were the
> slower player ;)

Yep. From what I understand, Intel is 8 to 10 times the size of AMD.

It's somewhat amazing that AMD even competes, and excellent for us, the
consumer, that they compete well, ensuring that we get very fast
computers, for amazingly low prices.

But Intel isn't crashing down any time soon. Perhaps they became a little
lazy, and made a few mistakes. AMD is forcing them to clean up.

May the competition continue... :-)

Cheers,
mark

--