Re: how to check the creation date of a postgres database?

От Jessica Richard
Тема Re: how to check the creation date of a postgres database?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
It didn't seem to work....

I just checked one $PGDATA/base directory,  they all have today's time stamp (9/20/06)  around 6:00 am this morning, that was when my daily database dump cron job was running...

thanks anyway

Chris Mair <chrisnospam@1006.org> wrote:

> \l and \l+ show only the database name, owner and description.
> select * from pg_database does not have date info, either.
>
> I would like to know when each of my databases were created.

The only solution I can think of is querying
select oid, datname from pg_database;
and then look up the timestamps of the corresponding directories
in $PGDATA/base.

Bye, Chris.

--

Chris Mair