Re: Auto Vacuum not starting unless postgres is restarted

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Auto Vacuum not starting unless postgres is restarted
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Nick Howden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On startup we get an error in the postgres log that the Autovacuum process has
> failed to start -- "autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration".
> However, if we do a restart (/etc/init/d/postgresql8.1 restart) then the
> autovacuum starts fine.
>
> Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be?

Do you have a message about failure to start the statistics collector as
well (on the first try), which is missing on the reattempt?

It may be that the startup firewall policy (at the time the PostgreSQL
is first started) is restrictive, and is relaxed later on the boot
process.