Re: transactoin id wraparound problem

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: transactoin id wraparound problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sriram Dandapani wrote:
> Hi
> I have several such databases to issue vacuum on. If I were to vacuum
> each table individually, would the transaction id be updated after every
> table vacuum.

No, you must issue database-wide vacuums.  Single-table vacuums, even if
done to each and every table, do not suffice.

> Wonder if it is because I have several large partitioned tables that I
> drop every day that don't get vacuumed enough.

The best time of the day to do the vacuum would be just after one such
partition was dropped, one would think.

Сообщение: Re: transactoin id wraparound problem
Сообщение: Re: transactoin id wraparound problem