CMS - portal server Question

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема CMS - portal server Question
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] CMS - portal server Question  (Andrew Kelly <akelly@corisweb.org>)
Re: CMS - portal server Question  (Mark Matthews <mem@object-craft.com.au>)
Re: CMS - portal server Question  (Bradley Kieser <brad@kieser.net>)
Re: CMS - portal server Question  (Andy Shellam <andy.shellam-lists@mailnetwork.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
i am thinking of deploying a CMS system for our corporate web server.

I have seen/installed/tested :

Jboss Portal : Seeems good and standards complying but too unstable
Apache Lenya : Very unstable - could not get it to any useful work
Php-nuke     : (despite our favor towards java, this seems stable but not what
we want)
OpenCMS      : Very stable but not so open source - some one has to pay to get
anything more than the basic

Practically from just browsing and using google one could conclude that there
are 10ths of
open source tools that do content management.
Also it is impractical to install even 10% of them.
Moreover web articles/reviews/comparisons rarely give anything but biased
views.

So since i think that our type of need falls in the same big family as the
ones
working in the unix/PostgreSQL/java world i would like to ask you about your
experience
in this field.

Since we dont consider interfering with the DB backend in our immediate future
intentions, MySQL will be just as good for us.
Ofcourse i prefer postgresql for our applications, but if lets say opencms
started supporting postgresql just a month ago, then postgresql will not be
as strong a candidate in that case.

In the same sense java is prefered over PHP, since we dont intent to interfere
with CMS code, but if some killer PHP app does the job, then it will be the
one selected.

Thanx

Achilleas Mantzios.