Re: Slow delete/insert.

От Thor Tall
Тема Re: Slow delete/insert.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Please see my comments below

--- Alexandre Leclerc <alexandre.leclerc@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2006/8/23, Thor Tall <tall_thor@yahoo.com>:
> > The processing is done as follows:
> > 1. Start transaction
> >
> > 2. check if message is in table 1 and if so delete
> > records from table 1(1 row),2(2 rows),3(30
> rows),4(50
> > rows).
> >
> > 3. split the message and insert the date in table
> 1(1
> > row),2(2 rows),3(30 rows),4(50 rows)
> >
> > 4. end transaction
>
> In addition to the other post, the SQL requests can
> be the cause of
> the slow performance. I don't know how you do it,
> but the more you
> think the database way the better your SQL requests
> will be done.
> Also, are the tables auto-deleting the records using
> a real
> Relationnal approach in the DB (references fields
> with defined
> update/delete auto-events) or are they deleted
> manually by you with
> SQL requests?
The tables are deleted using cascaded deletes.

> The process can be very much slow of super-fast
> depending of the
> actual DB / Index / Table / Logic implementation and
> the actual
> programmer's SQL / Logic / requests.
>
> Best regards.
>
> --
> Alexandre Leclerc

I have the following simple tables which are populate:

CREATE TABLE tb_Flight (
    FLIGHT_ID  integer UNIQUE NOT NULL,
    IFPLID     varchar (20)   NOT NULL ,
    TIMESTAMP  timestamp          NULL ,
    EVENT      varchar (50)       NULL ,
    EVENTCLASS varchar (50)       NULL ,
    FLTSTATE   varchar (50)       NULL ,
    ARCID      varchar (10)       NULL ,
    ADEP       varchar  (4)       NULL ,
    ADES       varchar  (4)       NULL ,
    MODELTYP   varchar (50)       NULL ,
    ARCTYP     varchar  (4)       NULL ,
    ETO_ADEP   timestamp          NULL ,
    ETO_ADES   timestamp          NULL ,
    ProcessTime_ms integer        NULL ,

    PRIMARY KEY (FLIGHT_ID)
);

CREATE SEQUENCE seq_Flight_Id;

CREATE TABLE tb_Flight_AD (
    FLIGHT_ID integer      REFERENCES tb_Flight ON DELETE
CASCADE,
    AD_ID     integer      UNIQUE NOT NULL ,
    AD        varchar (4)  NOT NULL ,
    ETO       timestamp    NOT NULL
);

CREATE SEQUENCE seq_Flight_AD_Id;

CREATE TABLE tb_Flight_ASP (
    FLIGHT_ID integer      REFERENCES tb_Flight ON DELETE
CASCADE,
    ASP_ID    integer      UNIQUE NOT NULL,
    AIRSPDES  varchar (20) NOT NULL ,
    ETI       timestamp    NOT NULL ,
    XTI       timestamp    NOT NULL
);

CREATE SEQUENCE seq_Flight_ASP_Id;

CREATE TABLE tb_Flight_RTEPTS (
    FLIGHT_ID integer      REFERENCES tb_Flight ON DELETE
CASCADE,
  RTEPTS    integer      UNIQUE NOT NULL,
    PT        varchar (10) NOT NULL ,
    ETO       timestamp    NOT NULL ,