Re: UTF8 question

От Ivo Rossacher
Тема Re: UTF8 question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can set the client encoding to latin1 to make the database convert the
strings for you. Read also chapter 20.2. Character Set Support of the server
documentation about the different options for setting the client encoding.
By the way SQL_ASCII is not a clientencoding in that sens but the lack of any
encoding at the server side (The server can not do most of the
transformations possible with other encodings). So the client is fully
responsible for the encoding (which is critical in a lot of applications,
especially when different clients have to be supported).

Regards
Ivo