Re: UTF8 characters

От Ivo Rossacher
Тема Re: UTF8 characters
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well the server does have the capability to convert from the server encoding
to the client encoding and the other way around. To get this working you need
a server encoding which can be convertet to the clientencoding. UNICODE
(UTF8) is a good starting point here.
Now the server needs to know waht the encoding of the client is.
You can set the client encoding from the client by sending "set
client_encoding to <whatever it is>" to the server after the connection is
started.
There are other ways which can solve other problems (see character set support
in the manual), for my application this way wroked best and makes it simple
to work with different clientencodings.

Best regards
Ivo