Re: UTF8 conversion differences from v8.1.3 to v8.1.4

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: UTF8 conversion differences from v8.1.3 to v8.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 10:03:34AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> > Looking at the code it doesn't appear that there are too many places
> > that are problematic.
>
> Really?
>
> The killer problem is that all datatype I/O goes through C strings.
> Fixing this therefore would require breaking every user-defined
> datatype on the planet.

Well, other than that ofcourse :)

The fact is that if you're using binary format paramaters and output
you can put embedded nulls into strings and get them back out. Given
their use of JDBC that's probably how they're doing it. By changing a
few strcmps to memcmps you can get sane behaviour for sorting a several
other operations. So currently it's not totally sane, but for just

So from their point of view it would have worked fine and now it
doesn't...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения