Re: newbie - segmentation fault with unix odbc

От Ludek Finstrle
Тема Re: newbie - segmentation fault with unix odbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
> Hello friends,
>   I am a newbie to databases. I am trying to start a postgres connection
> using unix odbc on a Slackware 10 and a AMD opteron machine, and a 64 bit
> gcc compiler and 64 bit kernel. I am using
>
> psqlodbc-08.02.0002
> and
> unixODBC-2.2.11
>
> Whenever I try to connect to the database server, I get a segmentation fault. I give the command:-
> isql mydb -v
> Segmentation fault
>
> I tried to figure out whats wrong but no use.

Hello

The first good step could be the trace file from unixODBC.
You may see the Trece* options in /etc/odbc.ini
The second step could be enabling mylog output of psqlodbc.
Add Debug = 1 line to /etc/odbc.ini for the right datasource.

BTW are you sure that you have compiled unixODBC and psqlodbc the right
way (both 64-bit)? Maybe you could try compile it both 32-bit and test
if the problem isn't there.

Regards,

Luf

Сообщение: newbie - segmentation fault with unix odbc