Re: How to access a table from one database to another

От John Purser
Тема Re: How to access a table from one database to another
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:26:55 +0530
"VivekanandaSwamy R." <VivekanandaSwamyr@infics.com> wrote:

> Hai all,
> I have 2 databases namee PAO and CAS.
> PAO contains 3 schemas named Public,pao,sts
> CAS contains 4 schemas named Public,cao,sts,reports
>
> Now  i am in PAO database..now i want access table 'activity' in
> schema 'cas' in CAS database.
> How it is posible.
>
> 2nd thing is...
>
> i have 2 servers access i.e local and mainserver.
>
> How access table from one server to another server?
>
> please tel me...because we need this one

Vivekananda,

I hope you just want the first one.  I think what you need is to
re-think your database design.

From the PostgreSQL manual:
"A PostgreSQL database cluster contains one or more named databases.
Users and groups of users are shared across the entire cluster, but no
other data is shared across databases. Any given client connection to
the server can access only the data in a single database, the one
specified in the connection request."
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/ddl-schemas.html

Now your CLIENT can connect to two different databases with two
different connections and ditto for connecting to two different
clusters.

John Purser

 --
Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
        -- Mark Twain