Re: Dynamic table with variable number of columns

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Dynamic table with variable number of columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 13:38:34 -0700,
  nkunkov@optonline.net wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks again.
> One more question.  Will crosstab function work if i will not know the
> number/names of columns before hand?  Or I need to supply colum
> headings?

I checked a bit into this, and the actual contrib name is tablefunc, not
crosstab. It provides crosstab functions for up to 4 columns, but it isn't
hard to make ones that handle more columns.

You can read the included readme file at:
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/tablefunc/README.tablefunc?rev=1.14