Re: Need help with quote escaping in exim for postgresql

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Need help with quote escaping in exim for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > SQL_ASCII may also be an option (assign no special meaning to
> > characters at all), but I'm less sure of that. Can email address
> > contain multibyte characters? I didn't think so...
>
> E-Mail addreses themselves can't, but the "comment" field of an
> address can.

The comment field itself, in RFC2822 addresses is ascii. However there is
a hack, by which this ascii string may be interpretted as representing a
string in another encoding. I don't remember the number of the RFC describing
how this works, but it shouldn't be hard to find.