Re: How are ppl monitoring PostgreSQL ... ? What is being monitored ... ?

От
Тема Re: How are ppl monitoring PostgreSQL ... ? What is being monitored ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Interesting, Hubert.
Where/how do you get the data for:
  - number of transactions per second
  - duration of longest query
 ?

Thanks,
Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: hubert depesz lubaczewski
To: Marc G. Fournier
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] How are ppl monitoring PostgreSQL ... ? What is being monitored ... ?

On 6/10/06, Marc G. Fournier  wrote: The subject kinda says it all ... I know there are SNMP patches available
out there now, but without those ... ?

i can tell you what we do monitor:
1. general server things (free disk space, cpu-idle, load, memory used, swap used, context switches, io operations,
socketsin state close_wait).
2. db stuff:
  - numer of transactions per second
  - database size
  - size of specific tables/indices that we know have nasty tendency to grow
  - number of objects in database
  - duration of longest query
  - replication lag (in events, and in time)

to make mrtg graphs of db stuff we made some perl scripts, which are bound to snmp using snmp's "exec" feature. then we
justgrab the values using mrtg and draw. quite simple actually.

depesz

--
http://www.depesz.com/ - nowy, lepszy depesz