Re: Form builder?

От Sandro Dentella
Тема Re: Form builder?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 06:07:33PM -0700, webb.sprague@gmail.com wrote:
> I don't want to revisit or be redundant... but is there a quick and
> dirty and cross-platform system for developing user input forms for
> Postgres?  Ideally, I am interested in something such that you can give
> it ("it" being something like a Python function) a table name,
> resulting in a magically appearing input form.  It should be able to
> deal with getting the format more or less correct for a datatype, not
> displaying system columns, etc, using the system tables to get the
> necessary info.

if I understand it correctly I did develop something as you ask... really I
did 2 such things. One is tksql (www.tksql.org) deveoped in tcl/tk. he
development stopeed a couple of years ago at release 0.8 but in perfectly
working state. I've beeing using it in the last 5 years continuesly.

Last autumn after meeting python and GTK I decided to make a fresh new
implementation to overcome some limts. I based it on sqlalchemy so that it is
not specific of postgreSQL... the only problem is that it is not yet
released... write now can edit a db from command line in mask o tabl
flavour. Takes advantage of foreign keys to show correct values.

You can download it and give a try to:

   sqledit postgres://user:pass@host/dbname

Apart from the look and many more controls, an OO implementation,..  you may
first want to look at tksql to get the sempsation of what it does.

I'm working at this project at full time now, with the goal of releasing it
within July, docs in August.

sandro
*:-)

--