Form builder?

От webb.sprague@gmail.com
Тема Form builder?
Дата
Re: Form builder?  (Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com>)
Re: Form builder?  (Sandro Dentella <sandro@e-den.it>)
Список pgsql-general
I don't want to revisit or be redundant... but is there a quick and
dirty and cross-platform system for developing user input forms for
Postgres?  Ideally, I am interested in something such that you can give
it ("it" being something like a Python function) a table name,
resulting in a magically appearing input form.  It should be able to
deal with getting the format more or less correct for a datatype, not
displaying system columns, etc, using the system tables to get the
necessary info.

I thought first about hacking xdialog, but they don't have multiple
field forms.  I have looked at wx, but real gui programing is complex
and not general.  Right now I have an ugly hack that writes out a text
file with colon separated lines for each row, with a defaults option so
that you can chain together a set of One-Many forms (eg you enter a
person, then you can cycle through with library books each referencing
that person in a for loop).

I would rather trade ease of use for functionality, if it can get it
90% correct just by the table name and the defaults.  And I refuse to
use XML.  And I want pure Linux.  If I have to develop the darn thing,
of course I am happy to share.

I want to develop an anthropological fieldwork database, but the form
based data entry is important for ease of use.

Cheers.