Re: Wrap (obfuscate) code

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Wrap (obfuscate) code
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tuesday 04 July 2006 18:51, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Rodrigo De Leon" <rdeleonp@gmail.com> writes:
> > I would be quite a bonus to have equivalent functionality in PG.
>
> Write your functions in C and give them precompiled libraries.
> Yes, also theoretically decompilable, but plenty hard ... plus
> they have to come back to you for an update on every major PG
> revision ;-)

On that note, would it be possible to write a language handler in
C that would wrap plPgsql? E.g;

Write function in plpgsql, but call plpgsql_o

plpgsql_o takes the plpgsql code and turns it into some kind of bytecode.

When executed via postgresql, the handler defanges the bytecode and
hands it off to plpgsql for proper processing?

Just a thought.

Joshua D. Drake