Re: different sort order in windows and linux version

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: different sort order in windows and linux version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 12:55:18AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Fine for you, not so fine for other people with different concerns.
>
> I'm not unsympathetic to your general point, but black-and-white
> arguments won't get far in this discussion.  It's all about tradeoffs
> ... it's most definitely not about one-size-fits-all.

What I find most confusing is that the patch for adding ICU to postgres
(using a configure switch) has been around for a while, at one point it
was even in the queue for 8.2:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-08/msg00309.php

It's vanished from there, not sure why. Even so, we still get regular
requests for it. Presumably it was removed here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-03/msg00233.php

Given the patch does nothing if you don't enable it, I'm not quite sure
what the downsides would be...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения