Re: pgsql vs mysql

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: pgsql vs mysql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 01:07:32PM -0400, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> * mysql has decent out of the box replication that is easy to set up
> (one day I hope pg get hot PITR which is analagous feature)

Actually, PITR is in no way analagous. Try replicating something like
'INSERT INTO table SELECT random();' on MySQL and note how all the data
is different.

pgpool replication is equivalent to MySQL's replication. Or if you want
more sophisticated replication, use Slony.

BTW, anyone curious about the differences should take a look at
google:'mysql gotchas' (there's also a PostgreSQL section on that site).
See also the MySQL/PostgreSQL thread that was on this list yesterday.

Сообщение: Re: Notes on converting from MySQL 5.0.x to PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Notes on converting from MySQL 5.0.x to PostgreSQL