restoring data tree from old 7.3 database

От Jeroen Kransen
Тема restoring data tree from old 7.3 database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Is there a way to restore an old Postgresql 7.3 database using an 8.0 server?  When I use the 7.3 data directory on 8.0, it gives an error that it's not compatible, not to my surprise. I could install an old PostgreSQL 7.3 somewhere, read the databases there and make a real pg_dump, but I was wondering if there's an easier way. If only because I don't know where to find a 7.3 installation :)

Thanks!

Jeroen