Re: Restricting access to rows?

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Restricting access to rows?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Benjamin Smith <lists@benjamindsmith.com> schrieb:
> How can I set up a user so that Bob can update his records, without letting
> Bob update Jane's records? Is it possible, say with a view or some other
> intermediate data type?

You can use a VIEW to select all rows for CURRENT_USER, and then create
RULES for this view to do INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE.

A nice framework for row-level access-control is 'veil':
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/veil

HTH, Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)