Re: Copy HL7 record/file into PostgreSQL Table

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Copy HL7 record/file into PostgreSQL Table
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 01:14:18PM -0400, Sean Hamilton wrote:
> I'm currently working on an EHR myself and would love to hear a solution
> to this.. If youget valuable feedback can you please forward that to me?
> and if I hear anything I'll do the same

Given how complex HL7 apparently is (someone up-thread was estimating a
week to write a parser) you might want to go with more of a pre-canned
solution rather than trying to roll your own. I know that folks I work
with that do consulting on our data integration products know a lot
about the health industry, so they might be able to turn something
around very quickly, though it would mean buying one of our products.
I'm sure there's also other experts in the field that could write
something that would work directly with PostgreSQL.

There's also a number of HL7 related projects on sourceforge
(http://lnk.nu/sourceforge.net/9fj/); one of them might prove useful.