Re: Locallhost Windows installation

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: Locallhost Windows installation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

You should ideally install it as a Windows service.  You can restrict access to the server using the pg_hba.conf to the local machine only so other network machines cannot connect.  The windows service means that PostgreSQL can be controlled automatically at startup, rather than have to be started manually.

You define the data directory in the MSI installer (although I believe this is my default under C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\Data.)

To use the database, you need a management program, such as PgAdmin III – this ships with the MSI installer, if you install this at the same time as you install Postgres, it’ll add a connection to PgAdmin for the local server.

The latest version manual can be found on the documentation website – that’ll give you any information you need regarding config files etc.

Andy

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of System Consult
Sent: 09 May 2006 10:47 am
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Locallhost Windows installation

Im a new user, having read so much about the database.

i installed the binary version successfuly on windows. I did not install as a service, as all access have to be through the local host, via a program(java). Now how do i create the database at a specified directory and start using this.

kind and urgent assistance required

!DSPAM:14,4460656534491115751839!