Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 03:47:13PM -0600, Blair Lowe wrote:
> If I want to back up a client's database on our shared web server, I
> would type:
>
> pg_dump <database_name>
>
> Since we are running a shared server, and since crappy (only because of
> this problem) off the shelf database open source software such as
> oscommerce, or phpBB2 grants access to public rather than the web user
> "www" or "nobody", when I do a pg_dump for a database, I get all the
> databases on the system that grant to PUBLIC being dumped with with
> database that I want.

pg_dump only ever connects to a single database, so it seems very
unlikely that it would dump a different database. Could you be a little
more specific about what is happening? Oh, and the version of postgres
and platform you are using would also be helpful.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC