Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC

От Blair Lowe
Тема Re: pg_dump and grants to PUBLIC
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 00:09 +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 03:47:13PM -0600, Blair Lowe wrote:
> > If I want to back up a client's database on our shared web server, I
> > would type:
> >
> > pg_dump <database_name>
> >
> > Since we are running a shared server, and since crappy (only because of
> > this problem) off the shelf database open source software such as
> > oscommerce, or phpBB2 grants access to public rather than the web user
> > "www" or "nobody", when I do a pg_dump for a database, I get all the
> > databases on the system that grant to PUBLIC being dumped with with
> > database that I want.
>
> pg_dump only ever connects to a single database, so it seems very
> unlikely that it would dump a different database. Could you be a little
> more specific about what is happening? Oh, and the version of postgres
> and platform you are using would also be helpful.

postgreSQL 7.3.4 on rh 9

Not sure how else to describe this: basically if you type in pg_dump
<databasename> then all databases on the system that have table grants
to public are also in the backup .sql file with connect commands to the
other database users.

Restoring, therefor, is not possible by that user because the restore
procedure wants to restore other databases that are not owned by the
owner of the database that was supposed to be backed up.

TTYL,
Blair.