Switch to Linux Dev Questions

От
Тема Switch to Linux Dev Questions
Дата
Re: Switch to Linux Dev Questions  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-novice
hi all,

why do i have to su to root before i su to postgres
(in order to run psql)?  i tried to su from my
username and it asked for a password and said
authentication failed - there is no password.

i su to root and su to postgres and i my bash [i don't
know what it is called] looks like this...

sh-3.1$

what does that mean?  i was expecting something like
postgres$.

i ran psql and all seems right now, but i thought this
was not a very intuitive way to get to this point.

also, i tried help in psql and when i got to the end,
i was stuck.  there was no intuitive way to get out.
i just saw END with no way to do anything - i closed
the session and started again.

what can i do to avoid closing the session next time?

tia...