Re: Nested Query OK in psql but not in PHP

От Reed Loefgren
Тема Re: Nested Query OK in psql but not in PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 1 May 2006, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 03:52:29PM -0700, rloef@interfold.com wrote:
>> ... Is there something that changes in the PHP code that builds
>> the tabular display if a query is a nested query as opposed to it not
>> being a nested query?
>
> PHP has no idea what a nested query is, let alone understanding SQL.
> You must be doing something else wrong (quoting?).
>
>> I can include some actual cut-'n-paste, but I'd like to try and figure
>> at least some of this out myself first.
>
> We can't help you at all without a cut-n-paste.
>
> Have a nice day,
> --
> Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
>> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

All,

It is fixed now and, yes, I was doing something wrong. In the query I
referred to a field as s.fieldname, out of habit, to avoid issues with
duplicate fieldnames in joined tables. But when I did the code for the
tabular display  $myrow['s.fieldname'] it didn't want that. Dropping the
tablename alias prepend did the trick. And now it's a nice day indeed.

thanks,