Re: Installing PostgreSQL on Win 2003 R2 64-bit

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL on Win 2003 R2 64-bit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > On 4/27/06, Aly Dharshi <aly.dharshi@telus.net> wrote:
> > > Yes, if you search the archives there was something on
> > this. Maybe it
> > > was around 32-bit, but nonetheless, take a search through.
> >
> > There is a patch in the queue written by Magnus Hagander
> > right now which allows pg to build from the microsoft C
> > compiler.  In theory, this should allow pg to build 64 bit on
> > windows with little or no modifcation.
>
> Just so we're all clear, this patch *only* deals with 32-bit for now. It
> lays a foundation for future work on 64-bit, but it makes no attempt at
> it yet.
>

> > Either of these approaches could work, but expect to be
> > hacking around wierd problems.  There is decent chance pgsql
> > will be officially supported on windows as of 8.2, scheduled
> > for release this summer.
>
> Um. That's the first I heard 8.2 was scheduled for release this summer.
> AFAIK the curernt time-estimate is that it shuld go beta towards the end
> of the summer, which means a release sometime Q4 if we follow previous
> patterns.

The schedule is for feature freeze of August 1, so right, no _release_
in the summer (assuming northern hemisphere).

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us

Сообщение: Re: Alternative for vacuuming queue-like tables
Сообщение: Re: Alternative for vacuuming queue-like tables