Re: Anyone install 8.1 on Debian Stable?

От Bill Moseley
Тема Re: Anyone install 8.1 on Debian Stable?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 06:58:20PM +0100, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> As per the instructions on the site - you use both :)

(I meant which do you pin the specific package or use the -t option.)

> psql for both 7.x and 8.1 will use version 3 of the libpq API, so
> there's no issue like with mysql 4.0 versus 4.1's new auth system.

I see.  I'll build DBD::Pg from source.  The Dbdpg-general list
recommended linking DBD::Pg against libpq4 instead of libpq3.

> > And I assume I'll need to rebuild DBD::Pg -- and any tricks getting
>
> No rebuilding should be necessary for the same reasons above -
> however if you do need to build something, grab
> postgresql-server-dev-8.1 :)

Great.  Thanks for all the hand holding. ;)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org