Re: Is it a bug ?

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: Is it a bug ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Pascal,

7.3 is now quite out-dated – have you tried the latest release, 8.1.3, to see if the problem is still present?

Andy

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Pascal Tufenkji
Sent: 25 April 2006 10:02 am
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Is it a bug ?

Hi,

I just noticed a bug in PostgreSQL 7.3.2

I don't know if it exists in other versions

If I have a UNICODE database and I make the following query

SELECT * FROM table where code like 'abcz%';

Or

SELECT * FROM table where code like 'abcz_';

(or anything that ends with z% or z_)

It gives the following error :

ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xc000)

Other queries like

SELECT * FROM table where code ilike 'abcz%';

SELECT * FROM table where code like '%abcz%';

Or the same query but in an SQL_ASCII database don’t give the same error

Is it a bug in Postgres ????

I’d appreciate an explanation

Thx

Pascal