Re: FATAL: catalog is missing attributes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: FATAL: catalog is missing attributes
Дата
Re: FATAL: catalog is missing attributes
Список pgsql-admin
Bruno Cortes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to make a dump from a database in postgresql 7.4.2-1. I was
> enable to do so because of a cache lookup problem.
> To solve it, I enter the database as superuser and execute VACUUM ALL.
> This was even worse than the previous error. Right now I cannot enter
> the database neither make a dump. When I execute a command such as "psql
> -U postgres center-01" I get the error:
> psql: FATAL:  catalog is missing 10 attribute(s) for relid 1262

Sounds very much like you haven't been doing the required vacuum on all
system catalogs.  Look for "transaction Xid wraparound" for possible
suggestions.  For example look at

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-05/msg00079.php