Re: proposal - plpgsql: execute using into

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: proposal - plpgsql: execute using into
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > > There are some problems about replacing string values in the SQL string.
> >
> >Doesn't the Oracle implementation already imply a solution to that?
> >

> I don't know. I didn't find any detail documentation about it. I don't know
> what Oracle exactly do.
>
> >I think we'd be best off to leave EXECUTE alone, at least until we've
> >converged to the point where almost nobody is using non-standard-compliant
> >strings.
> >

> Maybe, but patch have to solve SQL string and non SQL strings too

Pavel, I am still confused what the USING clause is for, and you need to
research how Oracle handles it before we can add this.  Would you
provide an example of its usage?

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com