Re: IDLE IN TRANSACTION

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: IDLE IN TRANSACTION
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

No problem really, all it means is the application has issued a start of transaction command, it just isn’t doing anything at the moment.

Transactions allow any data added during the application’s running to be rolled back should, for example, the application crash – it’ll prevent half-written data remaining stale in your database.

My guess is when you Exit the application correctly, it’ll issue a COMMIT statement to store the transactional data to your database.

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Rodrigo Sakai
Sent: 19 April 2006 1:00 pm
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] IDLE IN TRANSACTION

  Hi,

  I have an app developed with Delphi, and when I just start tha app it start a process (a connection) on the db server and the status stay 'IDLE IN TRANSACTION' until the end of the application. The app is developed by other people and I don't know much about how it was programmed! But I want to know if this kind of connection (idle in transaction) can cause locks and deadlocks on the db? And if is there a better way to connect to db?

  Thanks in advance!

!DSPAM:14,4446269633691691718838!