Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> ?hel kenal p?eval, E, 2006-04-17 kell 17:14, kirjutas Bruce Momjian:
> > Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > > Are you going to back-patch this? If I understand correctly current
> > > behavior could mean people using PITR may have invalid backups. In the
> > > meantime, perhaps we should send an email to -annouce recommending that
> > > folks issue a CHEKCPOINT; after pg_start_backup and before initiating
> > > the filesystem copy.
> >
> > We are disabling full_page_writes for 8.1.4, so they should be fine.
>
> Except that people currently using full_page_writes=off on 8.1 may see a sudden
> drop in performance after upgrading.

Yea, but if it can cause corruption, we have no choice.  It will be
mentioned in the release notes.

> Do you have an estimate, how big the impact is ?

Nope.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: Question on win32 semaphore simulation