Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 08:44 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > ?hel kenal p?eval, E, 2006-04-17 kell 17:14, kirjutas Bruce Momjian:
> > >
> > > We are disabling full_page_writes for 8.1.4, so they should be fine.
> >
> > Except that people currently using full_page_writes=off on 8.1 may see a sudden
> > drop in performance after upgrading.
>
> Yea, but if it can cause corruption, we have no choice.  It will be
> mentioned in the release notes.

Perhaps would should make it more visible then that? The postgresql.org
website has said, PostgreSQL 8.1 released since it was... perhaps it is
time to make it say:

PostgreSQL 8.1.4 Critical Patch released?

Joshua D. Drake

--
           === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===     Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997