Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 05:25:47PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> The driver implements all versions of the wire protocol itself, but if
> libpq is available at runtime (it will dynamically load it on platforms
> that support it) it can use it for connection setup so features like SSL
> can be provided easily. I'm still not overly familiar with how it works
> yet, but I'm sure Hiroshi (CC'd) can provide further details if you need
> them.

Right, so what you're basically doing is setting up the connection via
libpq then grabbing the SSL pointer and using that to continue
communicating. If it's not SSL you use PQsocket get the socket and
continue from there.

Unorthodox usage, but it should work.

Have a nice day,