Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables
Дата
Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Germán Poó Caamaño escribió:

> We can get the best of both worlds.
>
> For instance, EXPLAIN and EXPLAIN ANALYZE with the usual output; but
> also EXPLAIN XML and EXPLAIN ANALYZE XML with an XML syntax to be
> used by programs.
>
> I have a patch for this behavior, but unfortunately this is not
> updated.  It was made by the time that postgresql 8.0 was beta
> without any chance to get feedback (everybody were fixing bugs).
>
> The strategy was quite simple.  It was implemented inside on
> explain.c; with an extra parameter.  So, if any change could
> happen in the normal output of explain, it could be easier to
> update the XML one.
>
> Get it updated should not be so much hours of work.  At this
> moment I do not have that time :-(

I suggest you post it to -patches.  If someone is interested, he or she
can update it.  (Or if you posted it back then, can you provide the link
to the archives?)

It would be nice to see the "visual explain" tool that Denis wrote --
did he finish it?  Is it available somewhere?  Are there any screenshots?