Re: Autovacuum ideas

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Autovacuum ideas
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Chris Hoover wrote:

> As far as I can tell, there is no way to tell the daemon to only do it's
> work between certain hours.  Could this be added as an option?  In my
> situation, I have tables that if vacuumed during the day would cause a
> noticeable slowdown to my users and has therefore been deemed unacceptable
> by management.  This is one thing that is preventing me from turning on
> autovacuun,.  However, due to the activity on them, they really need to be
> vacuumed daily.  It would be nice to be able to tell autovacuum to run, but
> have a way to tell it to always sleep during these hours (i.e. 7am to 5pm
> daily).  Has there been any thought into a feature like this?

Well, this is something that is (or should be) in the TODO list, but no
one has come around with a proposal to implement it yet.  I've given it
tiny amounts of thought; a system not unlike Unix's crontab might do it.
You would specify intervals at which you wish autovacuum to operate on
certain groups of tables; or intervals at which you don't want autovac
to run at all, etc.