Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module

От Tyler MacDonald
Тема Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chris Travers <chris@metatrontech.com> wrote:
> >    I'd call that the short term solution, with the long term solution
> >being to finally convince the right people to remove that clause from
> >OpenSSL's license.

> As I have said before, I think it is Debian's problem at least from the
> perspective of an American (I don't know if other countries might have
> different views of derivation).
>
> What about getting those who wrote the FreeRadius module that support
> PostgreSQL to add the exception?  Would that be sufficient?  Or are we
> about to sue nVidia over their failure to release the code for their
> drivers?

    The creator of FreeRadius has said he has no problem adding an
exemption.. at lease one freeradius developer questions the action. I'm
hoping that this exemption gets put into freeradius, but what would be ideal
is if everybody in GPL land could link to OpenSSL without adding exemptions.
I've sent this mail to the OpenSSL list in the hope that it will help:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssl-users&m=114460613316150&w=2

    Cheers,
        Tyler