Re: Strange syntax for create/drop index

От Haris Peco
Тема Re: Strange syntax for create/drop index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael,

  You have name A for 'create index' and name B for 'drop index'
I can think that it isn't same index

This is illogically for me

make object with name A and drop it with name B

> If the schema was allowed, some people would infer that they
> can place the index in a schema other than the schema the table
> resides in, and they would get bitten when they try to do so.

you can just return error (and you will enable indexes cross schema
later, maybe and you will not change syntax)

Thanks