Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module

От Tyler MacDonald
Тема Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> GPL-licensed software depending on a BSD-licensed package *isn't* a
> problem.  If we didn't link Postgres w/ OpenSSL this wouldn't be any
> issue at all.  If the freeradius authors explicitly say they don't have
> a problem linking against a BSD-with-advertising-clause license
> (or even explicitly exempt OpenSSL) then it's all fine.  Saying that
> because they wrote freeradius to support Postgres that they implicitly
> approve of the OpenSSL license is a more than a bit of a stretch.

    Well, Alan DeKok, the creator of freeradius, has said that he has no
problem altering the license, but other contributors to the project have
raised some concerns. I guess we'll just wait and see how it all pans out.
One interesting point came up on the freeradius-users list; we should also
be discussing this with the OpenSSL people to see if they're willing to
remove the advertising clause from their license. I've subscribed to the
OpenSSL list to ask about this but havent posted anything yet.

    Cheers,
        Tyler