Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> >> Or are they selectively enforcing this
> >> policy against PG?
>
> > It's enforced whenever we discover it, really...
>
> I am strongly tempted to pull Debian's chain by pointing out that
> libjpeg has an advertising clause (a much weaker one than openssl's,
> but nonetheless it wants you to acknowledge you used it) and demanding
> they rebuild all their GPL'd desktop apps without JPEG support forthwith.

Feel free to.

> I'm with Chris Travers on this: it's a highly questionable reading
> of the GPL, and I don't see why we should have to jump through extra
> hoops (like make-work porting efforts) to satisfy debian-legal.  It's
> especially stupid because this is GPL code depending on BSD code, not
> vice versa.

I don't feel it's a questionable reading of the GPL at all.  In fact,
it's pretty clear and I'm about 99% sure the FSF has commented on this
as well.  It's true that it's unlikely anyone would actually sue Debian
over it but that doesn't somehow change what the licenses say.
Additionally, I think supporting GNUTLS would be a good thing for
Postgres to do even without this issue.  I'd also like to see it support
SASL and a k5login-style user-controllable mapping.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Сообщение: Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module