Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Дата
Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-general
>> Or are they selectively enforcing this
>> policy against PG?

> It's enforced whenever we discover it, really...

I am strongly tempted to pull Debian's chain by pointing out that
libjpeg has an advertising clause (a much weaker one than openssl's,
but nonetheless it wants you to acknowledge you used it) and demanding
they rebuild all their GPL'd desktop apps without JPEG support forthwith.

I'm with Chris Travers on this: it's a highly questionable reading
of the GPL, and I don't see why we should have to jump through extra
hoops (like make-work porting efforts) to satisfy debian-legal.  It's
especially stupid because this is GPL code depending on BSD code, not
vice versa.

Сообщение: Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Сообщение: Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module