Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module

От Tyler MacDonald
Тема Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
lmyho <lm_yho@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Oh right, they're claiming that they can't distribute freeradius using
> > postgresql because postgresql links to OpenSSL. freeradius is GPL which
> > makes for an incompatabilty. Not something PostgreSQL is responsible
> > for, given Debian could compile without SSL and the problem would be
> > solved.

    OK, I'm kind of confused about how the legal red tape works here.
Debian packages all sorts of GPL code, and both openssl and postgres are
released under more liberal licenses. About the only legal issue I could see
is the legalities surrounding the export of openssl, but I thought debian
had already found it's own way around that.

> > About the only thing we could do is support GnuTLS, but that's about
> > it.

    I'm in love with debian, so if that's what it takes to get a package
people find useful in there, I'm all for it.

> It's just a little complicated for a common user like me. But if it can be
> solved by just going a bit harder way, like to make a debian package by
> our own, that's ok too, as long as we don't have to switch the os to make
> the two work together.

    You may not even need to do that;

http://www1.apt-get.org/search.php?query=freeradius&submit=Submit+Query&arch%5B%5D=i386&arch%5B%5D=all

    The second search result there includes two sets of
/etc/apt/sources.list lines that both provide freeradius-postgresql.

    Cheers,
        Tyler