Re: Postgres dies when using an intarray operator

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Postgres dies when using an intarray operator
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[Please copy the mailing list on replies.]

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 07:20:57PM +0200, jeroen van iddekinge wrote:
> > TRAP: BadArgument("!(((header->context) != ((void *)0) && (((((Node*)((header->context)))->type) ==
T_AllocSetContext))))",File: "mcxt.c", Line: 612)

> I started the postmaster with -d 5 but I didn't get something like
> above, only a signal 11 message.
> How can I get more information from a crash?

The above error would be logged only if the server was built with
assertions enabled.  See the documentation for the --enable-cassert
configure option:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/install-procedure.html

If the server was built with debugging symbols (--enable-debug)
then you could obtain useful information from a core dump by using
a debugger like gdb to display a stack trace.  To see examples
search the archives for words like "gdb" and "stack trace"

--
Michael Fuhr