Re: auto vacuuming

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: auto vacuuming
Дата
Re: auto vacuuming
Список pgsql-admin
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 03:36:36PM +0530, Gourish Singbal wrote:
> > we are using postgresql 8.1.3 and wanted to enable autovacuuming for only
> > one of the many databases on the same postgresql cluster.
> > pg_autovacuum seems to allow to ignore only a particular table and not the
> > database since column vacrelid is OID from pg_class table  Are there any
> > suggestions to accomplish this tasks?.
>
> Currently there is no way to exclude entire databases from autovacuum.

IIRC in one of the original patches I had added a way to do it.  It was
rejected however; it was argued that there was another mechanism to
disable it.  I don't remember what it was though.  The only possibility
that comes to mind is "ALTER DATABASE SET autovacuum TO off" but I don't
see why would it work.