Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:46:30AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> It definitely is a pain in the neck that GNU tar complains about files
> changing underneath it --- I've looked for a way to disable that, or at
> least reduce it to a warning instead of an error condition, but gtar
> doesn't seem to have such a switch.  You should try alternative backup
> tools such as cpio or rsync.

Or you might submit a patch to GNU tar. There's also a BSD version of
tar, it's on at least FreeBSD (not sure if there's a stand-alone version
avaiable). It might not suffer from the same problem, though I haven't
tried it. I do have a machine I could try it with if that would help.

Сообщение: Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.
Сообщение: Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.