Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl

От lmyho
Тема Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> > Great Scott!! Thank you!!  This system was just installed on Debian (2 days),
> and
> > the original pg_hba.conf file authen method was "ident sameuser" and appears not
> > allow it to be changed!
> >
> > Look forward to your information!! Thanks a lot!!
>
> Can't find the thread right now (my search-fu is not strong today) but I
> think this thread has covered all the basic points.  Does anyone know if
> it is possible for the startup script to read the ~/.pgpass file of the
> postgres user on startup and use that if you absolutely have to have the
> main postgres user have a password on it in debian?
>
> My guess is that you could also just comment out the lines in the init
> script that are hanging, as the actual db startup should not require a
> password.

That's right. And seems like the init script does not check about password either.

I also heard that Bebian install Posqtgresql with a locked password. Actually there
is no .pgpass under ~/ of postgres.  the pgAdmin3 generate one after I altered the
original password (which I don't know what it is) of progres and used pgAdmin to
login using the new password.

But still, the broken connection is always there in anycase!  How can I find out
what caused the broken connection?  Anyone has any ideas?  I need your help! as I
haven't worked on *nix for years and have forgot how to do such things. Just come
back recently for Debian, but got so many troubles on the new system.:(  I don't
want to run the system on a possibly harmful environment!

I am working on it, but I need your help please! If you have any idea for what I
should do, please let me know.  Thank you!!

leo