Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!

От lmyho
Тема Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Chris,

thanks for the check list! I just came back from the Debian Recovery mode and checked all of them. please see below:

>Things to check when PostgreSQL doesn't seem to start:

>1)  Are there any postmaster programs running (ps -A | grep postmaster
is useful here)

Checked. No postmaster running.

>2)  If not, is there a postmaster.pid file n the postgresql data
directory? (do a search for the file if you have to-- if no postmaster
processes are running delete the file and try again)

Checked.  No postmaster.pid file in the postgres data directory.

>3)  What are the final entries in the serverlog in the data directory?

There is a long list of the log files of today as I started the system a few times. (By the way, The computer was
poweredoff before I started to login.)  One big log file of yesterday.  All today's log files are similar except the
firstone has a long list of:
autovacuum:processing database "progres"
autovacuum: processing database "template1"
autovacuum:processing database "progres"
autovacuum: processing database "template1"

In more detail, the logs looks like:
db system was shutdown at <time>
checkingpoint record is at 0/33ABC4
redo record is at 0/33ABC4;undo record is at 0/0; sgutdown TRUE
next transaction ID: xx OID: xx
next MultiXactId:1; MultiXactOffset:0
database system is ready
transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database "postgres"
imcomplete startup packet
autovacuum:processing database "progres"
autovacuum: processing database "template1"
autovacuum:processing database "progres"
autovacuum: processing database "template1"
imcomplete startup packet
received fast shutdown request
shuttingdown
database system is shut down
logger shutting down

Something like this, each has a little different, but ends the same way.

I don't quite understand the contents here.  Can you see any problem?

I look forward any further help.  Thnaks a lot!!!

leo

От: lmyho
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl newbie!
От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql server does not start!:( -Re: PostgreSQl newbie!