Re: PostgreSQL's XML support comparison against other RDBMSes

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's XML support comparison against other RDBMSes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ivan Zolotukhin wrote:
> BTW, are there any plans for its improvement? What are the first
> steps for the people who want to contribute to PostgreSQL in this
> field?

The first step would be making a detailed analysis of what "XML support"
is supposed to mean.  (You alluded to one use case, but before we
commit to anything, we need to see a more general analysis.)  The
second step would be checking how some of these issues can be solved
within existing standards.

--
Peter Eisentraut